[Typo3-dev] GIFBUILDER Right-To-Left capability on TEXT properties

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Apr 1 17:36:12 CEST 2005

> I've asked in the main english list about Right-To-Left capabilities
> and if it possible to do RTL text with GIFBUILDER (i.e.: Arabic).
>
> Nobody has replied and I guess it is because it is not possible by
> now. I've checked intensively TSRef and other sources but couldn't
> find anything similar that could help me to archieve this.

If I got you right, the letters are displayed in the correct order but from
left to right instead of right to left.
Since all GIFBUILDER objects have the same properties the following will
apply to GMENUs as well:

If you have something like this

10 = TEXT
10.text.field = title

you can use stdWrap properties on TEXT.text like this:

Write a small PHP-function to flip the text direction.
Save it in a file text_rearranger.php (usually in media/scripts/).

includeLibs.something = media/scripts/text_rearranger.php

10 = TEXT
10.text.field = title
10.text.preUserFunc = right_to_left_function_name

Then your function will rearrange the text before it is used in the
GIFBUILDER.

Joey

(If you have now clues: simply shut your gob sometimes!)
Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau