[Typo3-dev] Logging in TYPO3

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Fri Apr 1 14:23:27 CEST 2005

Michael Stucki wrote:

> In fact, they _do_ use the system logger! Have a look at how syslogd can be
> configured, and have a look at the logger manpage.

No, they _can_ but they can also do the logging themselves, see
http://www.rxn.com/services/faq/smb/using_samba/html/ch04_08.htm

But, as Kasper wrote, the issue is not really how to log
(http://de.php.net/syslog seems even portable on Win32), but what to
log, so we have to think about the facilities and loglevels and messages.

Syslogd or NG or metalog use the same logging API but differ in
processing stuff (which would not really matter to us in the first
place, right?)

> The feature is really great and so easy to implement that I see no reason
> for not using it.

Nor do I.

Greetings,
Michael