[Typo3-dev] Logging in TYPO3

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Fri Apr 1 11:19:50 CEST 2005

[Sorry, previous mail was sent unfinished!!!]

Hi FOlks,

I just want to poll some opinions about loggin needs in TYPO3. We have these log types:

- Backend log which tracks user logins and changes to records. I intend to open this up for logging from extensions too (3.9.0 probably)
- page hits (goes to apache logs) - This is not what I mean to discuss here.
- Frontend log: we have no real log for frontend plugins which could be useful for tracing errors in TypoScript or plugins - but I can't come up with a powerful idea for this which could be really useful (and it most likely shouldn't go into the backend log!)
- t3lib_div::devLog() which was introduced during the development of "realurl" extension, but I personally didn't use it since (rather like debugging with debug() function....). The description of this function is seen below [1]

[1]

--
- kasper

Happy new year! - My email address is now:

		kasper2005 at typo3.com