[Typo3-dev] Normalisation / OOP - a Case Study (ObTS)

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Fri Oct 29 12:20:00 CEST 2004

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb>] wrote:

> The question is what would be faster:
> - Fix the current typo3
> - start all over again with the knowledge of years and years of typo3

Probably the latter. But it'll be hard work anyway. With a high risk of
getting distracted and being stuck in the middle of the road.

So perhaps the former is the way to go. Especially it may involve Kasper
who is very like not too keen on starting TYPO3 all over. *)

Masi

*) I recall he has written in the first (?) OO discussion that he would
do some thing  differently now and thinking about what all could be
changed just depresses him. So he puts his energy into improving the
existing code not tinkering with some ideal new code. Having written
also large pieces of code that I simply regret but don't have the
time/energy/money to redo I sympathize with him.