[Typo3-dev] database normalisation

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb>] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Thu Oct 28 14:55:22 CEST 2004

dan frost wrote:
> I realise all this - and i think the only way to decide if it's possible
> and sensible is to try it. So, we don't "branch" properly. We just take
> a copy of TYPO3 now and muck around with it...
>
> The alternative is months and months or discussion with no solid proof

This is no critisism I just want to know what exactely you have in mind?
What I would like to see is to break compability by removing fields
noone really is gonna use.
For example the fonr face or font color dropdown are never used in any
project we did over the last 3 years.
Maybe cleaning up could be an idea.
Or putting all static templates (the site ones) into an extension and
not send them out by default.
Cleaning up styles.content.get might be a good idea as well in order to
get rid of cSet (default).

btw. could anyone explain the difference from "Hide in Menu" Checkbox to
pagetype "Not in Menu" except for the icon in the BE pagetree.