[Typo3-dev] safe mode and mail() in class.t3lib_htmlmail.php

Lars E. D. Jensen ledj-typo3 at dcmedia.biz
Mon Oct 25 12:05:01 CEST 2004

Jan-Erik Revsbech wrote:

> This is an error, if you look at the source code this check is made
>
> if(!ini_get('safe_mode')) {
>   //Call mail() with 5 parameters
> }
> else {
>   //Call mail() with 4 parameters
> }
>
> before all calls to mail(), except the line you are talking about. I must
> have been tired when I implemented this. I'll update it in CVS right away.
> This does however mean that you can not make the returnpath correct (it
> will be set to the user running apache) when safe mode is enabled.
>
> /Jan-Erik

Ok, that explains it all. But for what I know mail() is only putting all the
pieces of a mail together and sends it.

I don't believe the fifth parameter is necessary.
Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't we just add the returnpath to the
header by adding it to a header string, which goes into the fourth
parameter ?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Lars E. D. Jensen - DCmedia - TYPO3 Business Solutions