[Typo3-dev] DAM

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Sat Oct 23 17:52:54 CEST 2004

Hi,

ben van 't ende [netcreators] schrieb:

[...]

> Hi Peter,
>
> Haven't got a test-environment at the moment. I would have to put this:
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->debugOutput = TRUE; in the extension. What file? I
> am sorry. I am not into this stuff. I can change lines ofcourse, but to
> me it is not logical where this should happen.

The easiest way to do is like zach suggested:

<cite>
look in t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php. Find line 136:
var $debugOutput = FALSE; // Set "TRUE" if you want database errors
outputted.

Change FALSE to TRUE. Do whatever you have to do to make the error
happen and send the entire output to the list (because it will tell us
what line in the DAM is causing the DB error). Then set that line back
to false...
</cite>

explanation:
The variable $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB'] holds an instance of this class. So it
does not make a differnce if you change the variable like Wolfgang
suggested in the variable/instance of the class($GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']) or
in the class-definition t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php straight away. If you
just want to change $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->debugOutput then you need to
spot a good place where to put it(probably in one of the DAM Files).

suggestion:
just follow zach's explanation and it will help track down the problem.

[...]

Cheers,
Peter