[Typo3-dev] Question on thumbnail handling BE vs. FE

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Wed Oct 20 12:30:48 CEST 2004

Hi!

I'm struggling with a problem right now, that I came across already a
while back. Now I want to understand why this happens, so...

I have problems with graphics generation. I suspect this to be caused
by IM and/or GD doing things wrong, but this is not the point right
now (for those interested, I posted to the install.general list today
and the english list yesterday).

The question now is: how does thumbnail generation differ in FE from
the BE? See, I have wonderful thumbnails in the BE, so scaling
works. But it does *not* work in the FE (unless I set quality to 'no
change').

This is very annoying, given the additional fact that the install
tools tells me 'everything works' when I do the scaling tests.

Why and how and where is this handled differently?

Thanks for pointers,
Karsten