[Typo3-dev] Flexform and default value in extension

Peter Huppertz peter at futurmat.com
Tue Nov 30 17:26:20 CET 2004

Hello List,

I'm using a flexform to configure my extension in the backend and I'm
very enthusiastic about this approach. The only thing that doesn't work
are the default values.
I include an external xml-File with the sheet definitions:

<T3DataStructure>
  <sheets>
   <s_functions>
      <ROOT>
        <TCEforms>

<sheetTitle>LLL:EXT:ph_vsharebboard/locallang_db.php:tt_content.pi_flexform.bord_functions</sheetTitle>
        </TCEforms>
        <type>array</type>
        <el>
          <focal_points>
            <TCEforms>

<label>LLL:EXT:ph_vsharebboard/locallang_db.php:tt_content.pi_flexform.focal_points</label>
                <config>
                    <type>text</type>
                    <default>general-comments</default>
                </config>
            </TCEforms>
          </focal_points>
        </el>
      </ROOT>
    </s_functions>
  </sheets>
</T3DataStructure>

But when I add the extension as a plugin on a page, the default value
isn't included and the textarea is empty. Does someone know why and how
to solve this?

Thanks,

Peter