[Typo3-dev] Suggestion for an image watermark extension

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Mon Nov 29 10:16:42 CET 2004

Boris Senker wrote:

> ImageMagick is fascinating...

Yeah, the only API known to be a moving target ;-)

> JHEAD
>
> Additionally, a small JHEAD optimizer extension could also be made, that
> instructs JHEAD to extract all EXIF data from digital camera images and
> make progressive JPEGs.

We had this discussion as well, though I don't recall the suggestion of
JHEAD to remove the EXIF data (mote: extracting doesn't imply removing
just rading the data).

But I don't remember any solution.

As for progressive JPEGs. I never looked at their sizes, but AFAIK the
point is that the user will experience an ever improving image during
download. So I guess it won't save any bytes, but will waste CPU cycles.

Masi