[Typo3-dev] [ANNOUNCE] RPM package for typo3

Luc de Louw luc.delouw at bit-heads.ch
Sun Nov 28 22:08:06 CET 2004

Hi all,

What to do on a foggy sunday? Right, doing some typo3 stuff...

The Result: I made a RPM package for typo3_src-3.7.0.

It is still experimental, but it "should" work with any RPM based Linux
distribution like SuSE, RH, Fedora, Mandrake, you-name-it. I "built" it
on SuSE 9.1 and going to test it on SuSE 8.2, 9.0, 9.2.

If there is a particular interesst to provide and maintain such RPMs let
me know, then I will put more energy on the packaging.

To be done:
- Package requirements (rpm -qpR typo3_src-3.7.0-1.noarch.rpm)
- Post-install scripts (setting permissions etc)
- Tests on different RPM based distributions
- Packaging the other stuff from http://typo3.org/download/packages/
(only 3.7.0)

Feel free to download the RPM at http://www.bit-heads.ch/typo3-packages/

Please provide some feedback if the community is interessed in such
packages, or if someone other allready made someting like this.

rgds

Luc

--
Luc de Louw