[Typo3-dev] Suggestion for an image watermark extension

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Sun Nov 28 11:18:46 CET 2004

Jeff Segars wrote:
> Boris,
> This feature was discussed last year (and earlier before that) and if I
> remember correctly, it was determined that this would be very difficult
> or impossible due to to the 256 color limitations of PHP GD.  Doing it
> with ImageMagick only was not discussed, however.

Wasn't this about digital watermarks? They are supposed to be invisible.

Boris is talking about some kind of "stamp".

> Boris Senker wrote:
>
>> Those TYPO3 frames gave me an idea... hopefully you don't mind me
>> posting it here.
>>
>> Many sites aim to protect their images by printing a semi-transparent
>> 'something' over the image - a logo, or a site name usually.

I have done something like this for a customer.

The point is to decide when an image ha to be "stamped". For simplicity
we only added the logo for popus and extended only SC_tslib_showpic.

Though to position the logo I had to change class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php:

// added optional geometry
function combineExec($input,$overlay,$mask,$output,$geometry='') {
  if (!$this->NO_IMAGE_MAGICK)    {
    if ($geometry) $geometry = "-geometry $geometry ";
    $cmd = $this->imageMagickPath.$this->combineScript.
     ' -compose over '.$geometry.$this->wrapFileName($input).
     ' '.$this->wrapFileName($overlay).' '.$this->wrapFileName($mask).
     ' '.$this->wrapFileName($output);
    $this->IM_commands[] = Array ($output,$cmd);
    exec($cmd);
  }
}

Masi