[Typo3-dev] Suggestion for an image watermark extension

Boris Senker typo3 at dvotocka.hr
Sun Nov 28 00:54:31 CET 2004

Those TYPO3 frames gave me an idea... hopefully you don't mind me
posting it here.

Many sites aim to protect their images by printing a semi-transparent
'something' over the image - a logo, or a site name usually.

Since ImageMagick can composite such stuff, maybe it would be nice if an
extension would be developed that could:

- print the chosen image over some images or maybe even over whole
subfolder of images
- add a field in the page editing module, something like watermark field
where user/editor could choose whether to print the watermark over an
individual image or not, and maybe even the visibility in %.

I believe this could be an excellent feature, since T3 works with IM
closely already.

Boris Senker

: dvotocka design

Graphic Design for Print and Web, Prepress, Website Production

J. Laurencica 8, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
http://www.dvotocka.hr