[Typo3-dev] Click menu / right click

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3.org
Sat Nov 27 02:40:55 CET 2004

Georg Kuehnberger wrote:

> The conclusion from our tests was:
>         - "right-click" should be an option in the group-TS (default ON)
> and user-setup (overriding the group TS).
>         - the "right-click"-option should work like
>                 - "right-click" on icon or  text >> context-menu
>                 - "left-click" on icon or  text >> details
>                 - the concept has to be consistent throughout all
> occurrences (page-tree, fileadmin, list-view-icons ....)

I totally agree on that one and want to make sure that when you talk
about user-setup you really mean the User->Setup panel(User Settings)
where users are able to change password. Right ?

BTW, Wolfgan's suggestion:

  Changing the following line in typo3/template.php (method
  wrapClickMenuOnIcon, line 294):
-------
return $returnOnClick ? $onClick : '<a href="#"
oncontextmenu="'.htmlspecialchars($onClick).'"
onclick="'.htmlspecialchars($onClick).'">'.$str.'</a>';
-------

On Firefox 1.0 Windows XP SP2 put the "usual" Firefox contextual
menu(the one with Open link in new window, Open link in new tab,etc) in
front of the JS-TYPO3 one... Not really usable.

Patrick