[Typo3-dev] feature requests / password fields (be)

Jean-Baptiste Rio triphot69 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:54:13 CET 2004

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> I agree with Wolfgang on the bad usability of the password field - yes,
> you do expect it to conceal the content.
>
> The reason it is in plain text is that otherwise it would require two
> fields, one for validation of the password - and that would impose more
> work on me in the backend whereas now we just submit a value directly
> into the databsae as any other field.
>
> I have put it on the todo list.
>
> - kasper

Hi kasper,

My extension is available (af_bepwd) if needed. I was hopping to have
time to improve it but i can't for the moment. Here are the improvement
i have in mind to improve password management :

- automatic password generator,
- password rules management : uppercase/lowercase, length, alpha +
numeric, different from login, ...,
- password change scheduler based on calendar or period or uses,
- obligation to change password at login based on password scheduler
and/or first time login,
- password management history : impossible to reuse an old password).

A few days ago, i've posted about the improvement of User >
Configuration module. Maybe it could be useful to review it and include
  password management. I had in mind the following configuration to this
module :
- configuration of BE User available fields depending on groups and/or
user (access rights)
- possibility to add extra fields which are managed by users, like phone
or mobile number, ..., without php coding
- improvement of the interface configuration : frame resize, second
palette and extended view checkbox ...

At your disposition for further more explanation if needed,

Regards, JB