[Typo3-dev] feature requests / password fields (be)

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Nov 25 23:56:53 CET 2004

Hi Wolfgang,

>  I request to change the password fields for backend users (and
>  optionally fe users) from the input type "text" to "password".
>  (as I set my own password in front of a client in his installation
>  today and I type rather fast and therefore didn't recognize that
>  it was clear text until I had typed it completely... hmmm...
>  don't like that very much and I imagine that this occurs often)

Yes I think that would be fine.

>  Any drawbacks? There must have been a reason to make it not of type
>  password I think...

Just make sure that there will be two input fields in future (it's more
secure in case you mis-typed your PW).

>  btw: another thing I do in nearly every project is to hide the output
>  of the password column in the page module view for fe-user records and
>  change the clear text password to an encrypted one...
>  why isn't that standard behavior too?

Not yet. There is already an extension that does this and I'm planning to
merge this into the core.

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html