[Typo3-dev] indexed_search top-10 feature requests

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Thu Nov 25 17:25:16 CET 2004

Wolfgang Klinger wrote:
>  *hiya!*
>
>  On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Martin T. Kutschker wrote the following:
>
>>Reindexing of pages and page trees from the BE (no more clicking through
>>your site).
>
>  I've done that, nearly finished...

I remember your post on TUGA. I also recall some options like wget and
stuff.

If it's possible I would like to see some TYPO3 internal way to activate
the indexing. My idea is that the page creation for indexing works a bit
different:

Before doing any output the indexer looks for an USER_INTs. If it finds
any, it will call a special function of the objects (if provided). The
function returns a list of argument/value-pairs or cHashes. Now the
indexer fetches and indexes the page with all found variations.

Of course there is the problem of user groups as well. For the content
elements the indexer can handle this as well. When plugins want to
change the output depending on user and/or group memberships they must
signal this as well to the indexer.

 > send me a mail if you are interested in screenshots...

Nah, only doing is believing ;-)

>     - backend module for easy click&go
>     - plus possibility to safe a configuration for later processing
>       through a cron job...
>  Would be cool to integrate that into indexed_search anyway instead of
>  a new extension...

I'm sure Kasper is interested in a helping hand.

>>Calling the module "Indizierung" instead of the ugly, eye-hurting
>>"Indexierung" in German ;-)
>
>  *hehe* we had that already on the Austrian mailinglist, Martin!
>  (has anybody a German Duden at hand? Please take a look into it and
>  tell us if "Indexierung" is the right term, thanks!)
>  (much appreciated)

It's in the "Fremdwörterbuch". So it's correct ...but it still is ugly
as hell ;-)

I gonna fight those dreadful windmills, ha!

Masi