[Typo3-dev] Dates in non-UNIX format

David Bruehlmeier nospam at nospam.com
Wed Nov 24 22:12:09 CET 2004

Hi Martin,

> As for ISO and sorting with b.c. dates: They'll be sorted wrongly
> anyway, because the sort order of the year would have to change in the
> middle of the query.

are you referring to the original version of the spec or the latest version?
Because in the latest version, I suggested to use letters for designating
b.c. (the constant 'C') or a.c. (the constant 'D') dates instead of the +/-
signs.

January 15, 2004 a.c. - 15:21:43 CET becomes:
D20040115T142143Z

March 19, 348 b.c. becomes:
C03480319T000000Z

This way I figured sorting using a regular (and portable) '... ORDER BY'
should be fine. Am I wrong?

Dave.