[Typo3-dev] phpmyadmin wants to be installed in GLOBAL

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Mon Nov 22 22:30:05 CET 2004

Hello,

Looking at the code, the only reason it is locked as global is because the
TYPO3_MOD_PATH is not left to be managed by the extension manager, but is
somewhat hardcoded in conf.php and seems tricky to make more generic.

I was just concerned that it phpmyadmin is not part of system extensions, users
may wonder why it needs a global install, and as default settings prevent
extensions to be installed in global it would generate a few questions I can
predict.

I would be happy to make it more flexible, but with the current way
TYPO3_MOD_PATH is set from the extension manager (em), it would be a dirty
workaround.

Where is Typo3 going in terms of extensions locations handling code ? Should we
try make the TYPO3_MOD_PATH (and BACK_PATH) detection/handling more flexible
for such cases ?

Stephane