[Typo3-dev] csh_ displays error for english language?

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Sat Nov 20 12:37:45 CET 2004

Hello,

I am trying the latest CVS version, installing it from scratch. In the User
setup, I get the following message when I am in "english" language:
"The selected language is not fully available before the associated language
pack extension, "csh_", is installed on the system. Please ask your system
administrator for this."

Notice that the error specifies I need the "csh_" extension, which means typo3
thinks the language is empty, as it would usually display csh_fr or csh_de or
other depending on my langage choice.

Why do I get that message for the default english language ? I tried installing
the french csh_* extensions from kasper's tar of locallang files, and when I
then select franch as the language, I do not get that error message, only if I
switch back to english, or to any other non-installed language.

Regards,
Stephane