[Typo3-dev] System Extensions, part II

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2004 at typo3.com
Thu Nov 18 08:41:37 CET 2004

Thanks Patrick,

Right now I don't want to put any of your proposed extensions on the
system extension list. They are useful for many but for theoretical (and
practical) reasons I will exclude them for now. Notice that exclusion
doesn't mean that an extension is out in the cold. Rather the idea of
excluding a lot of the old "traditionals" (tt_board, tt_address etc) is
to make it clear that these extensions does NOT hold some special
preference and people should really get used to customize their CMS with
extension from TER. This approach is more fair to everyone.

However; while the core itself contains only those few extensions, most
people will probably work with various pre-configurations of installed
extensions for various jobs. We also consider introducing "packages of
extensions" to be downloaded / updated in one action.

- kasper