[Typo3-dev] any extension developers need html/css templating?

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Wed Nov 17 14:55:18 CET 2004

Selon Kasper Skårhøj <kasper2004 at typo3.com>:

> The <grid> tag will help "traditionalists" a lot and should not bug the
> CSS worshippers at all (oh... they might have to spend time learning,
> but they are used to it, right :-)).
>
> Everyone gets the tool they like best. Whats the fuss?

Passionate debate... I am nowhere near a CSS expert but aren't you both saying
the same thing ? Can't the proposal of the <grid> actually be done through a
learn ?

It's all a matter of hierarchy.

a div of class "grid" contains other parts that make up the row who in turn
contain other parts that make up the cells. Similar to a "grid" tag which would
contain rows which in turn would contain cells.

Stephane