[Typo3-dev] Next version, kick off

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Tue Nov 16 17:46:44 CET 2004

Daniel Thomas wrote:

>> It would be really great if the next version of TYPO3
>> has some native support for SSO solutions.
>
> We have to separate the LDAP thing from the SSO (single-sign-on) thing.
> They have no inherent connection. Yet if we are to work on the
> authentification methods we should try to establish a good interface
> developers can use to pass on external authentification information in
> order to instantiate TYPO3 sessions.

You right LDAP and SSO have no connection. Though an earlier version of
the Auth Services had some behviour which I think could be a bit of a
problem with SSO. But nothing that cannot be sorted out.

I guess that the TYPO3 authenticatoin needs some changes for SSO besides
the ones made for the Auth Services.

I recall that many on this list have made their own hacks to the
authentication. Time to get all the code in a clean state. Let's merge
the best ideas.

Masi