[Typo3-dev] Next version, kick off

Daniel Thomas dev at dpool.net
Tue Nov 16 16:45:15 CET 2004

Hi Kasper,

> Hi Daniel,
>
> does it make sense to consider any of these extensions candidates for a
> system extension?

Yes.
However, the main issue for LDAP authentification will be how to
configure it. (Entering data for servers, attribute-mapping ...)

Right now I introduced a system which configures the behaviour of the
application in a mock-TypoScript-Object way.
I would be happy to have this tested, disputed and developed further

> It would be really great if the next version of TYPO3
> has some native support for SSO solutions.

We have to separate the LDAP thing from the SSO (single-sign-on) thing.
They have no inherent connection. Yet if we are to work on the
authentification methods we should try to establish a good interface
developers can use to pass on external authentification information in
order to instantiate TYPO3 sessions.

> I can support you on the issues of getting support in the core (for the
> auth-services for instance if that is what is needed)

This is indeed what is needed.

> , but need someone
> else to provide the extension for eg. LDAP *INCLUDING* documentation
> for
> how to use it.
>
> - kasper

I would be happy to be in charge of this.

I will trigger a discussion of the solution we have been proposing now
and try to get as much feedback as possible.
I will then get back to you in two or three weeks in order to get
needed core changes clear.
I think a Beta Version for thorough testing in Kitzbühel would be a
fair goal.

Regards

Daniel

--/

Daniel Thomas dpool

Hinderink und Thomas Partnerschaft IT-Berater und Projektmanager

Zenettistr. 20 | D-80337 München
t 08945227582 | m 01793918781 | fax 08945227583

http://www.dpool.net | http://www.typergy.com

/--