[Typo3-dev] Any experience with a Photo Gallery in Typo3?]

Daniel Thomas dev at dpool.net
Tue Nov 16 17:06:36 CET 2004

Hi all,

I don't know if you all realized this, but there is a plugin available
to display records of the DAM based on categories.

- It's template based.
- It uses IM for image files if wanted.
- It has basket functionality (click on a link to add files to a
temporary list - download the list of files in a zip file produced on
the fly)

Daniel Brün and I are currently working on a way to display the
categories of the DAM using standard TMENU or GMENU objects.

I would love to get feedback on the extension and or people who want to
add functionality to it.

Regards

Daniel

> Reading thsi request on the english list about the Photo Gallery I
> realized that this would be an obvious application of the DAM!
>
> Imagine:
>
> - The DAM is used to upload, categorize and attach meta data to images.
> Using teh 3.7.0 features for localization of records this could even be
> done with localization!
> - Someone writing a frontend pluging to display the gallery!
>
> I really think this application could "bring the DAM to the people" who
> is currently mystified by what the DAM is anyway. By this application
> of
> the DAM we can ensure that it is not only an extension for the elite.
> Don't you think?
--/

Daniel Thomas dpool

Hinderink und Thomas Partnerschaft IT-Berater und Projektmanager

Zenettistr. 20 | D-80337 München
t 08945227582 | m 01793918781 | fax 08945227583

http://www.dpool.net | http://www.typergy.com

/--