OT: xdebug (was: [Typo3-dev] Memory issues)

Christian Jul Jensen christian at jul.net
Tue Nov 16 09:03:33 CET 2004

dan frost <dan at danfrost.co.uk> writes:

I also played around with som debuggers/profilers.

Word on the street is that dbg is the best, but I never got it to
work.

I tried xdebug, but had some problems. But it seems to me that it's
really promising.

> On this note: i suggest xdebug. My use of this was:
> - compile into php (10mins)

Which version do you use?

I tried 1.3.2 which loads but generates no output. And also 2.0.0beta1
which doesn't load.

I'm using Stucki's PHP5 deb-pckg

> - reconfig apache.conf (1mins)
> - add xdebug...start/end to script (15mins inc hunting for the right bit)

It's also possible to enable profiling from php.ini/.htacces so you
don't have to modify any scripts, which is a potential source to
errors.

--
-julle