[Typo3-dev] Memory issues

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2004 at typo3.com
Mon Nov 15 16:38:37 CET 2004

Hi Folks,

A side issue to the next version:

3.7.0 were scaringly hungry for memory - basically because the locallang
XML files where so huge and consumed tons of memory on the first hit
where they were parsed into temporary cache files with backend labels.

I spend a lot of time on the locallang-XML concept and really don't feel
like modifying it further right now. So I fear I will have to publish
the next version unmodified in this respect.

The worst thing is that memory issues is the blackest hole for me
currently - a joker that pops up the box. I know there are debuging
tools but I don't want to spend time on debugging sessions right now.
Therefore the question is if someone could form a group of profilers
that could undertake some work to profile TYPo3s memory consumption
bottle-necks and probably also database bottlenecks (slow performance,
wrong indexing etc). This could result in top-10 recommendations for
changes that might be integrated easily in the next version.

If not someone does this it will not happen within close future!

--
- kasper

--------
Please notice NEW EMAIL ADDRESS for 2004!! (due to SPAM-contamination)

"kasper2004 at typo3.com"