[Typo3-dev] extension TCA question

Zach Davis zach at crito.org
Wed Nov 10 22:32:41 CET 2004

Hi all,

One of my clients want an extension in which the records would be
organized by category and sub-category. For example, a category might be
"landscapes" and it might have the sub-categories "mountains" and
"plains." The idea is that when the user created a record in the
backend, she could select the category from one drop-down menu and then
select the sub-category from another drop-down. Can anyont think of a
way (using TCA, flexforms, whatever) to make the contents of the
sub-category dropdown menu change based on what's been selected in the
category dropdown? (in the example, we would only want the
sub-categories of the "landscape" category to show up.)

Thanks as always for your help!

best,
Zach