[Typo3-dev] Integrating Non Typo3 Web Apps

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Tue Nov 9 17:11:04 CET 2004

Hi JB and Everyone Else,
Can you give me some tips on how to integrate non Typo3 Apps in to
Typo3?

I would like to change my site to Typo3 (
http://www.psocdeveloper.com/forums ) but keep phpBB. Is there an easy
way to just put a wrapper around the existing phpBB code? I would like
to keep the phpBB code just as it is so that it is easy to upgrade or
apply MODs. I know there is a phpBB extension, but, it is unsupported.
And, I'm wanting to understand the basic concepts needed to integrate a
non Typo3 web app in to a site so that I can apply those techniques to
other applications like web mail.

Also, do you have any suggestions for implementing single-sign-on for
Typo3 and a Forum?

I would appreciate any help you can give me. I'm just starting out with
Typo3, therefore, everything is so new that it is difficult to know
what direction to head in.

Regards,
Eric