[Typo3-dev] How about a news group about typo3.org?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Nov 8 21:06:39 CET 2004

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [netfielders] wrote:

> correct. And the point is to send mails either way and that in both ends
> threading works properly. If the forum in sync would destroy threading on
> the newsserver, it would not be recommended to be used (or even disabled
> or something like that ?)

Yes, it would be disabled. However there are forums that support correct
threading! This is an example of Phorum:
http://forum.golem.de/phorum/read.php?f=53&i=1226&t=1226&rs=1

I didn't look at Zachs extension yet but this is probably possible already.
If so - go ahead and write a news gateway!

(There's another requirement: The gateway needs to go in both directions, of
course!)

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html