[Typo3-dev] How about a news group about typo3.org?

Stig N. Færch stig at 8620.dk
Mon Nov 8 07:57:51 CET 2004

>> Wouldn't it be nice if we had a newsgroup about the typo3.org site?
>>
>> And maybe one for the .com site.
>>
>> Then the newsgroup would be something like:
>> typo3.site.org and typo3.site.com. Or maybe just typo3.org and
>> typo3.com?
>> Ideas and comments about the sites could be posted here.
>
> What would you like to post to such a group?
> I don't see a reason for it, but try to convince me ;-)

Okay, let me try -
typo3.sites.* should discuss sites related to Typo3 of course.
I'm sure both the org and the com sites can be improved, both by content
and by sitestructure and overview. (Everything in my mind can be
improved :-)
* So some might have thought, why isn't this on typo3.org?
* Shouldn't it be easier to find this thing?
* Someone says that it is on the homepage, - maybe we should place it
somewhere else, to make it  easier to find?
Here we can also compare with other similar sites (similar projects like
Zope maybe) and discuss this.
Generally forums to discuss improvements of the sites, to make sure that
we have the best possible sites, so that we have the best possible
conditions to have a growing and prosper community. :-)
Afterall the typo3 sites must be the centerpoint of the community.

Example of topics for
typo3.sites.org : (don't comment them here, they are just examples of
topics :-)
* General design. What should be where in the design.
* What about the possibility to comment extensions in the TER?
* I have seen at some other site that they had an IRC-client, how about
this?
* The site is running too slow when .... (then someone might have a
answers to why this is, and someone else might have an ideas how to
improve.)
* The colours on the frontpage don't work very well when you are
colourblind, - I have these suggestions...
* [announcement] The news-staff needs help. (we need some people who
would like to proofread news)
* In this doc, when I click at the picture, I get this error. (someone
says. This is being worked on, be patient)
* Why don't we have a calendar for Typo3 events like t3ug meetings and
other typo3 related stuff?
* Hey, I would like to propose that we split up the org site, into a
TER-site and a community site. This would be a nice move because of....
... I could go on.

/Stig