[Typo3-dev] Who else extends the class?

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Sat Nov 6 00:40:34 CET 2004

Hi,

Dimitri Tarassenko schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> Since there can be only one XCLASS extension to a class,
>
> 1. Is there any way to find all extensions in TER that extend a
> particular class I plan to extend myself?

Not yet afaik. Shouldn't be to difficult to code 1-5 lines to find them.

> 2. I assume that all these extensions are going to be conflicting with
> this new extension I am planning. Would this conflict be detected by the
> extension manager or would I have to specify conflicting extensions in
> ext_emconf?

Don't know. At runtime there is of course
Tools/configuration/$TYPO3_CONF_VARS, that most likely won't help you
though. ;(

I really don't like extending sys-classes that much, at least not if it
is something really benefitting for the core or the common usage. We all
know it's a "the winner gets it all" thingy. ;)

Maybe you want to share your idea and or in touch with the authors?
Maybe there is a chance of some modification that helps you get around
the XCLASS?

Cheers,
Peter