[Typo3-dev] News on typo3.org

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Mon May 24 22:25:36 CEST 2004

Dear Kasper,

> THere are a handfull of reported bugs on typo3.org and there are other
> htings I want to fix soon. So if my plans work out well I might spend
> next week looking at these things. This might be the right time for me
> to implement some news plugin on typo3.org  - but it must come along
> with an editorial team that will also use it!

On the english user list, there is currently another discussion about the
usability of typo3.org and its mailing lists.

I take this chance to throw a few things in from the other thread. Please
add your suggestions. (Or should I start a new thread first?)

Newbie panic button:
- Although there is a little annotation on the frontpage, most newbies seem
  to overlook this page: http://typo3.org/frontpage-menu-links/new-to-typo3/
- Christoph Moeller thinks that a big red "newbee panic button" on the top
  right corner of the front page will attract the eye more than simple
  floating text?
- Steffen Mueller suggested to add a footer to the mailing list, pointing
  newbies to the page mentioned above

FAQ/Howto confusion:
- Two years after saying this in Splügen, I still think that they should be
  merged!
- The link to the FAQ should be placed more prominent. Any suggestions?

maillisttofaq extension:
- You once stated that you don't want to spend any more time on this
  extension.
- However, there are bugs inside! Can someone take over the maintainership
  for it?

Adding a knowledge base:
- Bart Veldhuizen mentioned that the Blender3d community had the same
  problem. They decided to build a categorized knowledge base, and many
  users were very happy with that!
- You can still see this knowledge base here, but it might not be maintained
  anymore. Anyway, it looks cool in my eyes! http://www.elysiun.com/support/
- This could be easily combined with the long-discussed code snippets page.
  Any news about this one?

Search results on typo3.org:
- Not very usable, just do a search about "tsref" to see what I mean.
- If you still think this is useful, go ahead and hit the "next" button.
- How can this be improved?

Cheers - michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html