[Typo3-dev] News on typo3.org

Stig N. Jepsen stig at 8620.dk
Mon May 24 19:05:25 CEST 2004

> > Good. Maybe, while you're at it, it's also the time to implement some
> > displaying mechanism for review documents?
>
> Yep. Feature collection starting here/now?
> Why not merge all the goodies that many different people coded, based on
> tt_news, as well (multiple instances/modes of the plugin on one page,
> checkboxes for "show in newsticker"/"show on front page", typolink
> instead of hardcoded GPvars,  indexing, FE submission, ...)?
> The way it is now is sub-optimal, to say the least. There's zillions of
> extended tt_news floating around - let's do the (late) spring cleaning :)
>
> We've got some snippets we'll throw in - but probably not enough time to
> do the actual merging. We'll see.

Yes, - if anyone is interested in helping with the development of tt_news,
please come forward.
For the ones who don't know. I have become the maintainer of tt_news.
Further development can take place the Typo3xdev project on SF.net.

And again, for the ones who didn't notice. I already did some work on
tt_news. I have merged some of the extensions made for tt_news with
tt_news. Which means that tt_news now includes multiple categories with
images (icons) and RTE.

Although it's a good idea to merge some of the extensions with tt_news, I
think we have to be a little critical what we merge into tt_news.

/Stig