[Typo3-dev] Extension Kickstarter/Cleanup+Optimization

Hans J. Martin hans-jakob.martin at gmx.net
Tue May 18 12:49:12 CEST 2004

Hi Dan,

as it seems hard for some programers to read and understand the cgl (and
this seems for me the only way to create qualtity) the kickstarter should be
enriched with more example codes.
Many extensions are more or less small database applications with frontend /
or backend editing ability. Maybe (this is just for thinking about) a vision
for the kickstarter could be something like MS-Access does for windows
'programmers'..
Starting with smaller steps I would appreciate an documentation creator,
which produces most of the documentation (as openoffice document) from the
given information.
Moreover it would be nice to create an example plugin FE-editing code -
corresponding to the tables/fields used. (including css-styles for forms,
list views, search function, etc)
The configuration of plugins should be generated with flexforms/tsconfig
(fac.). This would force the programer to think about what he really needs
and how the extension would look like _before_ he even starts working (and
moreover we get a lot of information which could be inserted in the
openoffice document)
An upload form for different gifs would help to avoid at least most of the
'?'-extensions. This isn't  very important - but it seems to be easy to
integrate.
Moreover it can be useful to make an 'optional' integration of other
tables/extensions - for example a bookdb can have a field for the location
of the book. This field can be optionaly filled with manual data or - if
e.g. an extension with company/room layout is loaded - a relation to the
data from this extension. These 'optional dependency' could make the
extensions more independend and smaller.

These are just thoughts about the further development, but IMHO an
kickstarter or extension creator working like this would enable a lot of
people to create very quick extensions consinsting of cgl-compilant code! I
see this as a tool and in that way I am wondering if there is any developer
company who has already set up such an creator as this will save quite a lot
of labor.
(Just think about creating of forms for the FE-editing with the new
form_wizard).

I will support you with this development, but pls note that I am not doing
business with programing or even IT in general and in this way I can only
spend my free time for this.

Rgds,
Hans

news:mailman.1.1084872175.22611.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...