[Typo3-dev] #2: Write the program

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Sat May 15 12:01:18 CEST 2004

Hi Folks.

Apparently there were no major objections against the general plan
launched in the thread "You Are the Programmer". But there were not a
lot of useful input either except a few.

The idea of my development plan was not get a "Yes, just do it" answer.
It was to get *quality input* on the decisions it also suggests! IT IS
VERY IMPORTANT that you help to discuss this! Of course I can just make
a choice myself, no problem, but I will actually be very sad (even mad I
think) if all the objections come *after* the implementation! It is NOW
you have a chance to help us sort these things out! I hope you can
appreciate that we are trying to involve the community in these
decisions so the best decision is made.

So, according to page 7 in the document the step after "Objections" is:

<snip>
Selection:
 We have to discuss what extensions should be promoted as System
Extensions. This includes
	* a debate on whether the table with global extensions above is
acceptable,
	* what TER extensions should be candidates
</snip>

(The document can be found here: http://130.228.0.33/t3dl/dev-plan.pdf)

Question: Maybe everyone should note down his suggestions (like Patrick
did) and maybe the most dynamic discussion would be if we arrange some
IRC meeting next week, is it?

--
God bless

- kasper

------

"To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence." -
Mark Twain.