[Typo3-dev] extension reviewing

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Fri May 14 10:21:02 CEST 2004

It's so great to hear from so many people passionate about Extension
development and the missing documentation on the issue. I totally agree
with all the points regarding the needs.

I have to remind you that there has been many threads like this over
times. So how will you make sure this is not just another talk-de-talk,
how will you make sure that say one or two month from now there is a
"Extension Mentor Team" which has not only optimized the Extension
Kickstarter to meet actual developer needs better but also written and
maintains documentation helping people getting started?

Someone said (Kutscher?) he started taking notes one day but stopped
quickly when he realized how big a task it was. It doesn't happen over
an afternoon, it takes weeks. Who will dedicate a week? Who will use
vacation time to work on this? Who will say no to a customer and do
community work instead? Or maybe more realistic; How much money can be
raised to this group from the community? Is it possible to collect a few
thousand Euro so we can actually BUY someone to do this?

I truely hope you succeed. It would make me very happy to see!

- kasper