[Typo3-dev] extension reviewing

Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators] leendert at netcreators.nl
Fri May 14 10:57:42 CEST 2004

"Kasper Skårhøj" <kasper at typo3.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2530.1084522864.256.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> It's so great to hear from so many people passionate about Extension
> development and the missing documentation on the issue. I totally agree
> with all the points regarding the needs.
>
> I have to remind you that there has been many threads like this over
> times. So how will you make sure this is not just another talk-de-talk,
> how will you make sure that say one or two month from now there is a
> "Extension Mentor Team" which has not only optimized the Extension
> Kickstarter to meet actual developer needs better but also written and
> maintains documentation helping people getting started?
> I truely hope you succeed. It would make me very happy to see!
>
> - kasper

I think that the only way to make sure that this is going to happen is to
actually take action :) I've just started writing a TOC. I'm definitely no
guru in writing extensions (or else I wouldn't need a guide, right? ;)), but
I do know what I want to see in such a guide. I guess I'll just propose the
TOC once I have it done, and given enough input, we can decide who is going
to write what. I'm pretty new to this whole community so I don't feel that I
should have a lot of say in how things are going to happen, but the least I
can do is propose an idea and see if we can make any progress from there.
Given the need is big enough, it will happen, even when it's a lot of work.