[Typo3-dev] extension reviewing

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Fri May 14 09:54:17 CEST 2004

 *hiya!*

 On Fri, 14 May 2004, Christoph Moeller wrote the following:
> Nevertheless, as somebody in this thread already suggested, demo
> snippets for common tasks (mode switching via GPvars, correct GPvar
> names, widely used API funcs, gfx handling, cObjects, RTE parsing for
> your output, accessing/modifying TS, you name it) would be a
> nice-to-have gadget. We are currently working on sth. like that to be
> able to train co-workers faster on how to write clean T3 extensions.

 How about publishing your work so we can see what
 you have now and incorporate our changes and ideas then?

 Any ideas about HOW we should "present" our work?
 imho a large file with every possible feature isn't useful...
 (as most of us will delete half of the lines then)

 This process should start at the extension kickstarter level where you
 select certain "features" out of a list to satisfy your needs(?)
 (a more modular construction kit)
 And additionally we should create a site on typo3.org with all these code
 snippets (as a reference if you have to incorporate certain
 functionality afterwards..)
 (maybe we can semi-auto-generate this from comments&co?)

 bye
 Wolfgang