[Typo3-dev] drawbacks to using smarty in extensions?

Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators] leendert at netcreators.nl
Fri May 14 09:19:45 CEST 2004

"Ingmar Schlecht" <ingmars at web.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1084466673.28934.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

> Well, the approach the article is talking about does not discourage
> writing templates, however, it evangelizes the use of PHP as a
> templating language.
> Well, but I got your point and will shut up know ;-)
>
> cheers,
> Ingmar

So, without getting into heated debates about whether or not using template
engines is a good thing (had that debate a few times already), I'm assuming
from the reactions that it would technically not lead to any difficulties
within Typo3?

Oh, if you're actually interested in what I think about using template
engines, I wrote a little something here quite a while ago:
http://www.daholygoat.com/site/index.php?content=rants_templateengines
I was working for a different company back then. My opinions have changed a
bit over time. I think it's very much dependent on the situation. I also
agree with Kasper on the restriction issue. And like Martin, I'm tired of
the discussion too :)

Regards,

Leendert