[Typo3-dev] drawbacks to using smarty in extensions?

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] daniel at typo3.com
Thu May 13 22:35:52 CEST 2004

> - We want people to make their own choice!
>
> So, what follows natural is that someone take a deep breath and create
> the TYPO3 meta-template engine which can interface with either XSLT,
> TemplaVOila, Smarty or plain PHP or good-ole-###-markers. Plugins should
> be written to support this engine - the engine should offer any of those
> choises in all cases. Everyone would be happy.

There is a nice open source CMS written in perl, which is pretty open in
that respect called bricolage. Might be worth a look how they have done it.

Cheers

Daniel

PS: "Open Mind technology", where is that from again? :-)

--

Daniel Hinderink
TYPO3 - get.content.right

--
Those who create are rare; those who cannot are numerous. Therefore, the
latter are stronger.