[Typo3-dev] Set page-dependent default information for a plugin

Christian Kier kier at gmx.de
Thu May 13 10:11:09 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm quite new to Typo3 but nevertheless trying to develop an
extension. :-)  It's essentially a frontend plugin which displays
records from a database table (downloadable documents with title,
authors, etc.).

Now, when entering this plugin into a page in the backend, I would like
to have a text field in which I can enter an author name. This name
should be passed to the extension so that only documents from this
author are shown on this specific page. I know how to do the SQL-stuff,
but how do I get the information from the backend to my php-class?

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,
/Christian