[Typo3-dev] New approach for forms

Rene Ott rene.ott at ososoft.de
Thu May 13 10:12:37 CEST 2004

Hello @all,

in the last months I developed an WYSIWYG editor for forms. It works
similar like Delphi or VisualBasic, you can put an (form) element on the
editor, move it around with the mouse as you like and change
element-properties. This makes it easy to create in a very short time a
formular for developers and end-users. The editor is created in JS, and
works on IE 6, Mozilla 1.6+ / Netscape 7.1+ and Opera 7.5. Screenshots
can be found at

http://www.ososoft.de/index.php?id=173 (click enlarge)

A prototype exists also, the extension can be downloaded at the same
address.

The prototype uses a BE-Module to integrate the editor in typo. This is
certainly not the best way, maybe directly as a content element ? How to
integrate best ?
What steps are planned in the future concerning forms ?
I would like to hear some opinions, suggestions, ideas, ... If somebody
likes to join the project, I'd be glad for some help !

PS: the "rendering" of the forms from the editor to 'real' HTML does not
yet work in the prototype, I am at the moment developing the algorithm.

Greetings,
René Ott