[Typo3-dev] PDFlib and Typo3

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at garbage-group.de
Tue May 4 15:08:53 CEST 2004

Hi,
if I understand services correctly (I just read the doc) it could be
implemented like this:
There will be an extension for PDF export of pages. This extension
instanciates a service for PDF export and passes for example the ID of
the page to the service. Then the service could read the page, the
HTMLdoc service would read the HTML and the pdflib service would read
out all content elements of the page and reformat them for PDF.
Basically, it is important that all service with one servicetype (pdf
for example) have the same public API, so all should have a method for
outputting a webpage or for outputting "custom" content.

This was my understanding of it, I hope I made my ideas clear.

> I just browsed the R&OS pdf class faq, and I wondered if it makes sense
> to abstract such a complicated api as pdf generation.
Hm I don't understand your question. Do you see it as a problem that it
doesn't take HTML and converts it to PDF? I think the quality would be
much higher if we generate the content from the raw page data and not
out of HTML. Of course this would be quite much work to do, but
hopefully this would result in a high quality PDF.

Sebastian

--
Possibilitys to contact me:
http://garbage-group.de/kontakt.html