[Typo3-dev] PDFlib and Typo3

Martin T. Kutschker Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Tue May 4 16:26:18 CEST 2004

Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been looking for something like pdflib and found
> http://www.ros.co.nz/pdf/ a while ago. I used it successfully for
> generating a calendar, for me it worked really good. And it is open source.
>
> Maybe PDF export could be implemented as service, so we could write one
> service for PDFlib, one for R&OS, and so on.

Any ideas how such a service might work?

I have only used the extension the makes use of HTMLdoc. It simply pipes
the genereated HTML through the HTML-to-PDF-converter. Using more steps
you could also do HTML->Tex-PDF or HTML->PS->PDF conversions. So this
would be an easy filter class.

I just browsed the R&OS pdf class faq, and I wondered if it makes sense
to abstract such a complicated api as pdf generation.

Masi