[Typo3-dev] xhtml, xml prologue

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Sun Mar 28 21:07:53 CEST 2004

 Hi
On 19:19 Sun 28 Mar     , Gordon Mickel wrote:
> I started a discussion about this about a month ago in the dev newslist:

---
I would still love an easy option (config.doctypeNoProlog or something)
to remove the xml prolog as it such common practice and would save me
entering the whole doctype thing in every project I start.
---

 That's the crucial point. If the prologue causes problems in such
 popular browsers like IE 6 no one will likely use the default settings
 and will have to override the whole doctype part (mainly to serve the
 customers need). So what's the point in having a switch then?

 I suggested two reliable solutions in my previous posting, that's all
 I (we) can do, hopefully someone will change the current
 implementation.

 bye
 Wolfgang