[Typo3-dev] extensions with binaries

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Fri Mar 26 13:00:32 CET 2004

 Hi
On 00:31 Fri 26 Mar     , Jens Ellerbrock wrote:
> generally i agree, but i see them less as extension than as a simple way to
> install additional functionality on your server via the mechanisms of the
> extension manager.
> I have built a htmldoc_linux package (more as a proof-of-concept for myself)
> but due to the opinions expressed so far i will not release it to the public
> until further discussion. If anyone is still interested i will send it out
> via email (about 1 MB).

 I'm interested! I recently needed a compiled version for windows but
 didn't find anything until someone on the austrian list compiled it for
 me... later on they switched to a Linux server and unfortunately the
 client's provider prohibited the usage of htmldoc on their servers,
 the only solution was pdflib which they had installed - so I had to write
 a simple layout engine for all Typo3 standard content elements,
 but what's really missing is e.g. the transformation
 of custom (let's say HTML) content elements.

 bye
 Wolfgang