[Typo3-dev] Frontend Skins questions

Daniel Pötzinger poetzinger at depag.de
Fri Mar 26 11:54:57 CET 2004

Hello List

Perhaps I'am blind to find an easy solution. My idea is that frontend-users
can choose a skin for the page.

My first solution (which works but not satisfactorily) is to make it only
with Typoscript:
principle:
//define global parameter
config.linkVars = T
....define diffrent TS-Object
include them in this way:
[globalVar = GP:T=2]
page.stylesheet = fileadmin/intranet/skintwo.css
page.10.template.file = fileadmin/skintwo.tmpl
[else]
page.stylesheet = fileadmin/intranet/skinone.css
page.10.template.file = fileadmin/skinone.tmpl
[global]

[globalVar = GP:T=2]
   page.10.marks.MENUL < MENUL2
   page.10.marks.CONTENT < INHALT2
  page.10.marks.SUCHE < SUCHE2
[else]
   page.10.marks.MENUL < MENUL
   page.10.marks.CONTENT < INHALT
[global]

the disadvantage is that it become unclear with more Templates. (And my way
to define diffrent Objects which where always interpreted but not really
needed.)

I thougt a good way would be to make diffrent Templates and tell Typo which
one it should use. Therefor I plan to make a little Extension where you can
select the Templates on the current page and assign to the diffrent Skins.
Did this make sense?
And another question: Did this idea or this way stand in conflict with the
idea of TemplaVoila and Modern Page Template Selector?

Thanks for answer