[Typo3-dev] FORM object type problem

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 07:25:35 CET 2004

Hello list,

I'm trying to make a search form submit to itself in a simple
extension. Theoretically (as per the TSREF:
http://typo3.org/doc.0.html?&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[extUid]=270&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[tocEl]=367&cHash=bbc518d930)
this is easy:

"Type (action="" of the form):

Empty; the current page is chosen."

The problem is that, in the resulting html code, the form does *not*
submit to the current page, but rather to the page ("Startingpoint")
that the frontend plugin is pulling records from.

I'm not sure if this constitutes a bug, or simply my misunderstanding
of what the TSREF is telling me. In any case, I thought that, as an
alternative, it should probably be easy enough to get the pid someway
like this:

formObject.type = ...

...since the system will interpret an integer to be a pid. But I can't
seem to find anything relevant in the archive.

Can anyone shed some light? References to documentation or to functions
(or even search terms for the archive!) for me to look into are much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Christopher