[Typo3-dev] extensions with binaries

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Thu Mar 25 16:36:45 CET 2004

Jens Ellerbrock wrote:

> Not putting them on TER but on my own page is not such a bad idea,
>  but I don't understand why having stable/dev branches would be
>  a prerequisite for binaries on TER.

They are not really necessary, but I'd reckon it's more important to
have branches on TER than binary packages.

> At least htmldoc and ImageMagick have been labelled stable and not
>  really changed much within the last year.

I'm not talking about ImageMagick anf htmldoc but about our very own
extensions. If I declare something stable i cannot make big changes. At
least I would like to have the new version at beta for some while - bit
still want to feature the older stable version.

> I also don't undestand why this should be harder to maintain than
>  a php-based source release.

Because I think you will have to have some different php files to
accompany the binaries. So pathes etc work allright on differnet
platforms. But perhaps this is no necessary.

> (and i'm also curious what PITA means)

pain in the region near the base of your spine.

Masi